Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sick but Happy

My plan of sleeping off my sore throat was completely foiled by the impossibility of sleeping when you can't swallow without great pain or breathe through your nose. I feel terrible today - headachy, feverish, and tired, with an unabating pain in my throat. Grrr. I will have to go to the doctor tomorrow. Yuck.

However, three very nice things happened today. The first one was that I got to Skype with Dad for the first time since we moved. It was so nice to see his face, and to catch up on his life.

The second thing was that my friend Karen stopped by to drop off a nice chair and desk for us. She and her husband are so kind, and they loved our house, which felt good.

The chair and the desk are in the spare bedroom, which will be my reading room when we don't have guests. I want to find a good place to put the desk near the door, so that I can keep my purse, mail, and other odds and ends in it, as a way to not cover the kitchen table with them, which is my tendency. Also, notice the spiderman curtains in the background - cool, hey? We have a little bed on the other side of the room, but it didn't all fit in one picture, and it's not very exciting anyway.

The third thing was that our friend Lionel surprised us by coming over with housewarming gifts!

He bought us this beautiful vanilla candle, with a thin cover that is hand painted by one of the owners at our motel. Since that is where we got to know Lionel, it will be a nice reminder of him whenever we see it. (It also came in that pretty little box, which I will find a use for somewhere). He also bought us these little flowers, which I will have to find a nice, sunny place for, after I feel better. 

It made me happy, even in the midst of my miserable sickness, to have nice people around me, near and far. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment