Saturday, October 12, 2013

Grump

After spending a nice late morning/early afternoon reading and playing games in our new house, the universe decided to be a grump. I have developed a headache and a really sore throat, and after starting our second large load of laundry in the washer, we discovered that our dryer does not work. At all. The kicker to this lovely situation was that our big pile of wet clothes could not be hung outside on the clothesline, because the wind has been blowing at approximately a billion kph (621,371,192 mph) since yesterday. I am confident that if we did manage to pin them thoroughly enough that they wouldn't blow away (which would be difficult with the grand total of zero clothespins we currently own), that they would either rip off or catch the wind enough to pull the clothesline over. So we have a back room full of wet clothes, and it is increasingly difficult for me to swallow. I am optimistic that my throat will be magically better in the morning, but I am dreading dealing with the dryer. The people from the second-hand store where we bought it have been extremely nice and helpful so far, so hopefully that trend will continue. I just hate having that kind of conversation, and handling all of the organization transporting/fixing it will entail will be a headache.

When it comes down to it, a broken dryer and a sore throat are nothing to worry about, and I am thankful for our nice house and for a relaxing Saturday, so it will all be okay, of course. Sometimes it just feels good to whine a bit in the meantime. :)

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you and your throat are not well enough for our card night on Sunday. Lionel.

    ReplyDelete