Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Smile and Yawn

Unfortunately, my “read and then sleep on the plane” plan did not work at all, and J’s “take lots of Dramamine and then sleep on the plane” plan only worked slightly better. So, three flights and endless customs lines later, we are exhausted, but successfully in Whanganui, so all is well!

I will post more when I am better rested, but for now, J and I plan to lay around and relax today (1 of the 3 channels in the motel is rather odd old movies, which I am currently finding quite charming). Our goal is to not exhaust ourselves anymore, but stay awake until night time here, so that our sleep schedules will get on track somehow.

For now, here are some pictures of the trip.


We flew towards the sun on the way to San Francisco, which meant a several hour sunset.

This is one of the first things we saw when we landed in Auckland. In my rather overly strong desire to experience new and different things immediately, I was pleased with this display. :)


The plane from Auckland to Whanganui was the smallest I have ever seen, which I found very exciting, and J found rather uncomfortable. Definitely an interesting experience, though.

J's business manager, Wayne, gave us a quick tour, including a nice lookout over Whanganui, before dropping us off at our motel to relax. Here are some of our first views of the town.


And now, I must finally admit that if I keep pretending not to be so exhausted that I can barely function, I may actually turn into a puddle.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray, you made it! Your dad & I are having lunch today. That seems so strangely normal compared to everything you're doing this week! Btw, I am awaiting a new book titled Puddles of Knowing, full of early childhood - style prayers. If you turned into a puddle after you wrote this, I hope it is a pleasant reflective one. Much Love from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa! I'm so glad that you and Dad are spending time together. It's a nice image of home - you two sitting and talking.

    ReplyDelete