Saturday, September 14, 2013

Getting Better and Taking Good Advice

After a good night’s sleep, I felt much better. Thank you to those of you who emailed me with kind wishes.

I have made a firm resolution to buy “No Jetlag,” (a natural medicine, made in NZ, that apparently has magical powers) next time we fly back to the states. A man Mom introduced me to recommended it to me before we came here, and I very politely said thank you, and very conceitedly decided that I needed no such thing. Wrong. Next time, I will take it.

I also took my friend Kathy’s advice and took a nap this afternoon when I started getting tired and headachy. I am not a napper, but I’m glad I did it. I feel better, and more prepared for tonight – our first Kiwi Rugby experience!

The All Blacks are playing South Africa tonight, and we are going to a restaurant/bar to watch it with real Kiwi fans. Hopefully it will be fun. (It is also taking Kathy’s other piece of advice, which is to get out and do something when I feel up to it, rather than laying around). I think it will do me good to get excited about something, as well as to have something to focus on. Since I know a grand total of two things about rugby, trying to figure it out tonight will be a good point of focus.

My other excursion today was to look at some rental houses that were advertised in the paper, two out of three of which look like great options. We are going to go meet the landlords and see the insides in the next few days. I know it's silly to pick quickly when we have plenty of time, but they are such cute little houses, I can just see us saying yes right away. We'll see how it goes.

P.S. The two things I know about rugby are:
1. The ball looks like a football that someone inflated way too much.

2. They can lift each other up to reach the ball, and it looks like they’re jumping impossibly high from the right angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment