Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Yay for Security

As you will remember, I have been teaching in the 3- and 4-year-old room at Victoria University's early learning centre - my room is called Whare Kea, which means Kea House. A kea is a type of New Zealand parrot that is very cheeky. 

More to the point, I was hired on a fixed term contract, and it extended until the end of May. That is not very far away, and so I've been wondering what was going to happen, but I don't have to wait any longer - a permanent position became available, and today I found out that I got it! So all I have to do is sign the contract, and I'll have all the job security I could want! Yay! 

Speaking of work, I have been very focused on it lately - we have parent-teacher conferences next week, so I've been preparing for those, as well as working on a bunch of projects, which are rewarding but overwhelming. This has coincided well with J and I deciding to not to anything too big or expensive on the weekends, because when I can get some time to relax, I'm mostly wanting to curl up with a cup of tea and read. I enjoy the challenges and fascinating topics that my work involves, but it is also good to get my mind into some quality fiction and give my brain a change of pace.

Today's post will be concluded with this awesome picture of a cloud over the valley in Karori. Five or so minutes after I took this picture, I biked through said cloud. It was pretty cool to bike through the mist, knowing what it looked like from up high.

2 comments:

  1. Yea, you! Job security is a wonderful thing. Although, I would really like it if I could get paid heaps just to do all the good things I want to do. (Now, I have to do them "on the side!"

    ReplyDelete