Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Exploring French Plaits

I have been expanding my skills at French Plaits (Braids) over the past few months, and quite enjoying myself in the process. I realize that it's a bit random as far as blog posts go, but I've decided to share some pictures of them. Most of them are in Kirsten's hair, which is completely fantastic for French plaits, because it's got colour variation that shows off the layers of overlapping hair. My hair, on the other hand, being determinedly brown, doesn't display the complexity nearly as well. Oh well.

Central inverted plait with loose waterfalls on the sides.

Triple waterfall with the sides bigger. (You can tell I missed a strand in the middle left, but oh well.)

Triple waterfall with a larger central plait, twisted at the bottom.

Double waterfall wrap-around.

French Twist plait into a bun.

Triple waterfall wrap-around.

I don't know what this is called - I kind of made it up as I went along.

Five strand inverted.

As I said - a bit random. But you can see how much fun I'm having trying out these new things. Plaits are the best thing for my hair here in Wellington, where the wind rips my curly hair into a frenzy of frizz and tangles in even moments outside. 




1 comment:

  1. How neat! Wish you were closer so you could do my hair! I like the wrap around but also like the others as well.

    ReplyDelete