Sunday, August 30, 2015

Cruise Ship

Amazing cruise? Check. Fun time with J’s dad and Granny? Check. Now we’re off to Kansas for more fun times with family and friends, and I thought I’d take a moment to share some pictures from our cruise.

This is our cruise ship. It was incredibly huge, although J said that many cruise ships are even bigger. I’m not sure I could have handled a bigger one, because this one was hard enough to navigate. But we enjoyed wandering around, and always found our way eventually.

This is the atrium, complete with glass elevators that take you up and down the eight stories that it covers.

We also played ping-pong, which I love and J doesn’t really appreciate. He very kindly played a few games with me, and it was quite fun.

Later, I played ping-pong with our friend Brent who we met on the cruise. We had very spirited and well-matched games, due to his impressive trick shots and my surprising ability to return them (most of the time). Anyway, we had a fun time, but our last game ended abruptly when Brent hit the only ball over the side of the ship. Oops. We’ve decided that we must finish the game someday, so Brent will have to fly to New Zealand. We had a lot of fun getting to know him, and it was great to have a new friend on the cruise, so we hope to see him again soon.

This is my delicious breakfast from the buffet. We had amazing food the whole time on the cruise, and never needed to buy food off the ship, which was great.

I saw my first live stand-up comedy show at “The Punchliner” on the cruise. They had two comics, both of whom were very funny. One of them swore too much, but I’m learning that that’s common among comics.

On the back of the ship was an area only for adults called Serenity, where you could sit in the hot tub and look out over the water. J liked to go after dark, and it was very nice.

I went out in the evening as well, and relaxed in the comfy loungers and watched the sun go down.

The views were amazing. I never get tired of the ocean, so I just watched it and watched it.

We met a lovely woman in the gym who is from Serbia, and her goal is to move to New Zealand some day. I brought my iPad and showed her lots of pictures of our Kiwi adventures, and it definitely reinforced her desire to move there. She was very nice, and I hope that she ends up in NZ some day.

The crew cleaned our room many times a day, which was crazy. At least once a day, they also left towel animals, which were always adorable. Our favourite was this darling frog.

Okay, that’s basically it for the cruise pictures, but tune in next time for pictures of our Bahamian adventures! (I’ll give you a hint: BEACHES!)

1 comment:

  1. I have never done a cruise holiday, but all my friends who have say that is fabulous. Sounds as if you would agree.

    ReplyDelete