Thursday, December 12, 2013

Happy Tidbits

Happy Tidbit #1
I loved Zumba. It was so much fun, not too hard to pick up, such great music, and apparently a good workout, because I was sore the next day. The teachers, who are very nice, described it as "exercise disguised as dance," and I think that that was accurate. Anyway, lots of fun, and definitely something I will be doing often. There are classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Happy Tidbit #2
J and I went to lunch yesterday at Wa Japanese, and I noticed a very cool bento box on the menu. J says it has been there since the beginning, which shows how perceptive I am. Anyway, I tried it, and it was very neat to get the cool-shaped box (which was both beautiful and reusable), and the food was delicious!
J says the fried things in the upper left corner are the best things he's ever tasted. :)

Happy Tidbit #3
I am working three days this week! That is more times than I've worked in the three weeks that I'd been on the list. And, all three days are at the same kindergarten, so I'm really getting to know the children. I do want to go to lots of different centres so that I can experience all of them, but it is also so nice to feel more competent in my knowledge and understanding of the children with whom I'm working. I got very positive feedback from a special education worker who saw me interacting with the child she comes to support, and that felt good.

Happy Tidbit #4
Since Holly is not allowed on the furniture, J lays on the floor to take naps with her sometimes. When he did this the other day, Holly cuddled up to him at first (and I was not quick enough to get a picture), but then could not contain her excitement for long enough to actually rest, so she rolled around on the back, making her happy noise. In this picture, she is starting at him totally adoringly (she loves me, but she LOVES J).


Happy Tidbit #5
I am feeling more optimistic about jobs. I spoke with someone at the Kindergarten Association, and she said that jobs come up pretty frequently, and that I shouldn't be discouraged. I also spoke with a teacher at an early learning centre, who said that they're opening a new classroom in February, and they might be hiring. So... I'm staying positive.

Happy Tidbit #6
Playing ball with Holly is so much fun! She is so intent on it, and she catches the ball about 75% of the time, which I find very impressive. J took a video the other day so I could show everyone. She missed the first one, but got the others, so that's good. After J went inside, she caught about 10 in a row, so maybe it made her nervous to have both of us out there. Anyway, she is such a great dog, and we have so much fun with her.


Happy Tidbit #7
When I left kindergarten on Tuesday, I told the kids that I might come back another day, but I wasn't sure. When I got to kindergarten today (Thursday), a little girl saw me come in and said, "Yay! She DID come back!" She ran over and hugged me with a huge grin on her face. There is no better way to start your day.


2 comments:

  1. I knew you would get work and that all the kids would love you! Sounds like a great place to be. And I love the video of Holly... and you in a T-shirt. It's -18C today in Ottawa, so you enjoy every bit of that lovely weather. - Kathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      As always, thanks for the support. It feels very good to be in the classroom again.

      I heard that there was a frostbite warning in Ottawa this week! Yikes! I can't say that I miss that at all!

      Emma

      Delete