Monday, December 26, 2016

Relaxing Christmas

Merry Christmas, everyone! It's Boxing Day in NZ, which makes it Christmas in the States, and since Boxing Day is a national holiday here, we are now in "holiday mode" on both sides of the world, which is a nice thought.

J and I had a lovely, relaxing Christmas Day yesterday. We slept in and lazed around, then J played his video games and I read Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, which I've been meaning to read for years. I also worked on an art project I've been planning for awhile, which I will post about when I've finished. Then we played our new board game (Codenames) in the afternoon, followed by more time when we each enjoyed relaxing in our own ways.

Then, in the evening, I read out loud to J while he crocheted, which is something we've enjoyed from time to time for years.

J is making a lovely, brightly coloured dishcloth. Between the ones Grandma Verschelden has given us (Thanks, Grandma!) and the ones J has made, we have quite a beautiful collection.

We're reading Stiletto, which is the sequel to The Rook, which is one of our favourite books. I read the whole book in about a day when we got it a month or two ago, and now we're enjoying it together.

You may have noticed my adorable, cuddly companion who was keeping us company while we read. He is J's wonderful Christmas present to me, and we've named him Enzo, after a character in a book. Red pandas are my very favourite animal, and when we went to the zoo a long time ago, I saw these lovely plush ones on the way out and was very impressed. J remembered for all these months and went and got me one, which is very sweet. It's a perfect gift, because it's something I will get lots of entertainment from, but would never buy for myself. I get a surprising amount of satisfaction from having a soft, squeezy something to cuddle while I read, and Enzo is just perfect for that! Plus, look how totally adorable he is!

Well, after a cloudy and surprisingly chilly Christmas Day, we now have a hot and sunny Boxing Day, so we're off to the beach! Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment