Friday, November 27, 2015

Status Update: No Internet

Kia ora everyone. Sorry for the long delay in posts. As those of you on Facebook will have seen, the update is that we still have no Internet in our new flat (which is otherwise wonderful). There have been major issues and delays, and we're not sure when actual Internet will happen. Which is a pity, because I'd like to show you some pictures. But it will happen eventually, and then the pictures will abound.

In the meantime, I have figured out this short stint of Internet that will allow me access to my blog (unlike the library Internet) in order to tell you that J and I are happy and healthy (mostly) and enjoying Wellington.

J's job is going well so far. He is taking on responsibility and feels good about his contributions, although it is a lot to learn at first. He has his commute all figured out. We have efficient, frequent buses to ride, and his drops him off right at the door of his building. The only tricky bit is that we live at the very top of a big hill, and the last bus stop is at the bottom of it. Not a big issue in the mornings, but hiking up that hill at the end of the day is a workout. But exercise is a good thing, so we're both taking it as an opportunity. I have only successfully biked all the way to the top once so far, but I'll just keep building up those muscles!

I'm not sure when I'll be posting again, but I assure you that it will be almost immediately after the Internet starts working at our flat. Hopefully, that will be soon.

1 comment: