Thursday, March 13, 2014

More of Dad's Visit

Dad very kindly brought a cool balloon pump and some sculpting balloons. Unfortunately, since they had been "resting" in his cupboard for many years, most of them tended to pop when we blew them up, but we persevered, and had a lovely time.



This is Dad's mystery animal - the first one the we got all the way to a sculpture. We were very proud!


And here is my little dachshund! Isn't she cute?

This is Dad's and my favourite tree in Whanganui. Also, he is just as entertained by the "Give Way" signs as I was, so we included one of those in the picture. 

When Dad went for a walk in the park while I was at work, he noticed this sunscreen dispenser next to the Nursery Rhyme park (of which I have posted pictures). He was impressed (as am I) at this positive way of encouraging people to be sun safe.

Slightly off topic, but isn't my dog pretty? Yes.

We have also been enjoying noticing how beautifully yellow the conifer trees are here. It looks to us like the sun is hitting them just right to light them up like that, but they really grow that vivid yellow. Jan says that some of them are changing because it is starting to be autumn, but some of them are yellow all year round.

Speaking of Jan, we went to visit her at her house in the country today, and had a delightful time. This is us and her dog, Buddy, who is very nice as well.

Jan has seven pet sheep, and she taught us today that sheep love lemons! We went and picked a bunch of them (some that were so big that they looked more like oranges), and fed some of them to the sheep. You can see them all coming up, hoping for a treat.

They would eat right out of Jan's hand, and one came up to Dad for lemons, but they were not impressed with me. Oh well.

Hoping for some more! After they ate them, they licked their lips for a while, which I have never seen a sheep do, ever!

This is Jan's green house (hot house, as they call them here). She has lovely, big tomato plants, so she gives me tomatoes sometimes.




4 comments:

  1. Kathy Lee here: Sheep like lemons?? Do they eat the whole thing or just suck out the middle? Do they also like salt & tequila?

    And yes, your dog is very pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They eat the whole thing!! And I bet they wouldn't turn down salt (don't horses like salt), and I'd say they'd give tequila a try! Why not?

      Delete
  2. You are so good at telling your stories with photos. This is very much like reading a picture book about your life! So vivid that I am licking my lips for a homegrown tomato and thinking about taking a photo of my favorite tree. And of course its especially fun to hear you & your dad laughing with joy together, which I can imagine while I read this. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa - you should definitely take a picture of your favourite tree! I would love to see it! And yes, Dad and I have been doing a lot of laughing!

      Delete