Sunday, March 3, 2019

Funny Difference Video

Two weeks into my new job, I am amazed at the language growth I've already experienced, and also overwhelmed by my sheer exhaustion from the challenges I've taken on. I would have said that I knew this would happen, except that I did not fully understand how tired I would be; more tired than I ever remember being. I don't can cope with exhaustion when I'm in professional mode, but tend to fall apart when I get home, which is not great. So I'm trying to cram as much rest and decompression into this weekend as I can, and so far, I think it's working. While I don't want to be completely checked out of anything but work, I also need to be careful about the outside commitments I make during this transitional time, as I am needing all the energy I have (and more) to do my new job well until it becomes more natural to me.

So... I will not be writing a long or fascinating post, but I will be sharing this video that I stumbled upon a while ago, and was saving for just such an occasion. It's one Kiwi man's take on the differences between the States and NZ, and it made me laugh, so I thought others might enjoy it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6cInZvsPPI

No comments:

Post a Comment