Sunday, January 10, 2016

More Flat Pictures

I finally got around to taking some pictures of the outside of our flat, and then proceeded to forget about them for a couple weeks. Sorry about that.

I am obligated to start with yet another picture of the view, as it remains the absolute most wonderful thing ever.

These are three of the six stairs that lead down to our door. Notice the pretty circle of paua shells that the last tenant made. 

I took this picture standing in front of our door. Our car is parked at the level of the street, which gives you an idea how of how our house is built on the side of the hill, below street level.

This is from next to the recycling bin in the last picture. This is the path that goes down into the back yard and to the door into the unfinished basement.

Here is the basement. As you can see, "unfinished" is an understatement. Half of it is rock. But over to the right, just out of the picture, is a nice big workbench and a place for our dryer. It's nice, because the humidity doesn't pour into the house. Also, storage tends to be hard to find in Wellington, so we count ourselves very lucky to have all this space. Plus, I find it vastly entertaining to have half of the basement made of rock. It's pretty cool.

None of you will be surprised by additional pictures of the view.

I still have not managed to be up before sunrise, but I'm sure I will be once I start work. This colour is the reflection of sunset in the opposite direction. It was brighter in real life, but oh well.

There we go; now you have a more complete introduction to our new flat. We are continuing to love it, so it may well be our home for a long time. It's a nice feeling.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling like home. Too bad you can't have pets. Is that the moon in one of your shots? The land around your flat is very pretty. Thank you for the pictures. I love the rock in the basement as well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete